Sunday, October 16, 2011

Without Teachers There Can Be No Revolution

Just a few quotes that I thought were inspiring ...

Sir Ken Robinson, “Human communities depend upon a diversity of talent, not a singular conception of ability. At the heart of the challenge is to reconstitute our sense of ability and intelligence.”

“We have built our education system on the fast-food model.”

“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come out with anything original.”

“People are opting out of education because it doesn’t feed their passion.”

“Human flourishing is not a mechanical process; it’s an organic process.”

“Moving from an industrial model to a more agricultural model – personal and more meaningful.”

HAD I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats (1865–1939)

Tread softly as we tread on the dreams of our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment